How We Collect Information
Information You Provide
We obtain information that you provide to us directly through the Site, which may include personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or other personally identifying information you choose to provide us. We also collect information from you when you seek to contact us, register for an event or hands-on training, or otherwise fill out online forms on the Site.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition to information you submit to us, we may collect certain information using automated tools such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs (collectively “Tracking Technologies”). The types of information we collect automatically may include IP addresses, device identifiers, browser characteristics, operating system details, language preferences, referring URLs, timing and length of visits, and pages viewed.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be session ID cookies or tracking cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Site and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Site, and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. If you use your browser’s method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked and as a result some features and functionalities of the Site may not work. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Flash cookies and HTML 5 cookies are locally stored on your device other than in the browser and browser settings won’t control them. The Site may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”): Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from Acheron’s web server, or from a third party with which Acheron works, and is active only while you are connected to the Site, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
We may combine certain automatically-collected information with other information we obtain about you, which may include information we obtain from third parties.
Information about your use of this Site and other online services may be collected across time, devices, and websites, and used for numerous purposes including to associate different devices you use and to deliver relevant and/or retargeted content, including interest-based ads.
Information We Obtain From Partners and Other Sources
We also may obtain information about you from other sources and combine that information with information you provide to us directly or that we collect automatically through the Site.
Contests and Promotions
Social Features and Analytics
Certain functionalities on the Site permit interactions that you initiate between the Site and third-party services, such as social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include features enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Site and a third-party service; “liking” or “sharing” our content; and features that otherwise connect the Site to a third-party service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Site). If you use Social Features, and potentially other third-party services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you use. Also, both Acheron and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Site and the third-party service.
We use certain third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site.
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, our Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
How We Use Your Information
We may disclose personal information we collect from visitors to this Site to our employees, agents, vendors, consultants, contractors, and other service providers and affiliated organizations that need the information to carry out work on our behalf. We may also share your personal information with our affiliates and with partners we think you might be interested in, for their own marketing purposes.
We also may share your information:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share personal information with third party service providers that we hire to assist with running our everyday business, including, but not limited to, payment processing, shipping, order tracking, promotional fulfillment, customer service, IT services, data analysis, and other similar services. We grant our service providers access to personal information only to the extent needed for them to perform their functions, and require them to protect the confidentiality and security of such information. However, even with the service providers agreeing to abide by these restrictions, we cannot control how third parties process information.
- Commercial Partners. We may share personal information, such as customer mailing addresses, with third parties who partner with us to deliver the Services or for other commercial activities. Depending on the choices you have made and the nature of the joint activity, these third parties may contact you with information about Acheron-related products and their products and/or services that may be of interest to you. We do not sell personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their own use or marketing purposes.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. We may disclose personal information about you, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, and/or to respond to the valid legal process (this includes a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, and any other instance when we reasonably believe we are legally required to comply). We may disclose personal information to protect Acheron’s rights or interests, including enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We may also exchange information, including personal information, with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
We reserve the right to disclose any information we obtain through the Site in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (e.g., further to a merger, reorganization, liquidation, or any other business transaction), including negotiations of such transactions. Entities that acquire information from us in the context of a business transaction may continue to use that information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Exercising Your Rights
Before Acheron is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request. If you are an authorized agent or parent/guardian making a request on behalf of a consumer or your child, we may require and request additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.
Generally, you may exercise these rights free of charge unless the request is unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unreasonable, for instance, because it is repetitive. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by law. Where we deny your request in whole or in part, we will endeavor to inform you of the denial, provide an explanation of our actions, and the reason(s) for the denial.
We will not restrict or deny you access to our Sites or Services because of choices and requests you make in connection with your personal information. In all cases, you have a right to file a complaint with us or the applicable data protection regulator if you are not satisfied with any action that we take in connection with the exercise of your rights.
Ability to Unsubscribe
Should you receive a promotional email from us, you may opt out of receiving additional promotional email communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions on the emails. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails.
Ability to Opt Out of Analytics
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to help protect personal information collected or received through the Site. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard information, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Site.
Links to Other Websites
We may provide links to other websites or services for your convenience and information. Websites that are operated by entities not affiliated with Acheron may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. Acheron is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked websites that we do not control.
This Site is not intended for, nor targeted to, children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under 13. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 13, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
International data transfer
We may transfer your personal information to European Union (EU), in accordance with both US and EU privacy legislation. For any such transfers, Acheron takes necessary measures to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection. By using the Services, you give your consent to the transfer of your personal information to EU. If you do not wish your personal information to be transferred to EU, you should not enter personal information into the Services.